The iconic image of the burlesque dancer with their ostrich feather fans has captivated beginning dancers since before the neo-burlesque revival in the latter half of the 20th century. As time goes on, however, our community begins to focus on such topics as cruelty free costuming, hypoallergenic materials and vegan lifestyle. To that end I developed these fans in January of 2017. Built entirely from man-made materials, with durable UMHW polyethylene staves, these fans are available in several different fabrics, colours and weights to suit any performer.
Please note that orders are processed in the order that they are received. DUE TO THE CURRENT GLOBAL PANDEMIC THERE MAY BE DELAYS IN THE SHIPPING OF MATERIALS AND COMMISSIONS. I am not currently accepting any rush orders.
Notes before ordering:
- Fans are 48×24 inches
- Fans are heavier than traditional ostrich due to the longer stave
- Some layering options may not be available in some materials. This is due to the overall weight and aesthetic of the finished product.
- Bags for these fans are included in the purchase price. While they are hardier than their ostrich-feather counterparts, these fans will not fit in a standard fan bag. Therefore, for your convenience, I now custom make carrying bags for all fans that leave my studio.
- Standard fans take two weeks from beginning to end to produce once manufacture has begun.
- All orders will be manufactured in the order they are received. (Your anticipated shipping date will be included in your invoice.)
- Please note that calculated manufacture time is for a SINGLE PAIR of fans. EACH ADDITIONAL pair takes 1-2 weeks extra.
- ENGLISH NET fans will take an additional two weeks to produce. Due to finding an affordable supplier, the fabric is ordered from Thailand.*
- All fans must be PAID IN FULL before production begins. This includes the anticipated shipping. An invoice will be sent to you when I receive the completed order form (see bottom of page).
- A Vegan Boa that matches your fans can be ordered at the same time as the fans for an additional $200 added to the purchase price. Boas include matching coloured tassels and are 6ft in length.
- TULLE (lightest weight, most sheer):
-Single layer: $250+ shipping
-Double layer: $350+ shipping
- ENGLISH NET* (standard weight, original prototype material, middle opacity):
-Single layer (pictured below): $350+ shipping
-Double layer: $500+ shipping
- ORGANZA (heaviest weight, most opaque, only 8 staves):
-Single layer: $350+ shipping
-Double layer: $500+ shipping
Orders can be cancelled within 24 hours of purchase with no penalty, however after that time there will be a 10% deduction from the refund price. This is to recoup loss of time and funds (all materials are ordered within 24 hours of sale).
*Please note that ENGLISH NET fans and boas will take longer to manufacture/deliver because of the recent changes in United States tariff/trade agreements and their impact on the import/export business. To give you the best price, my English net is ordered from Taiwan. If you need your fans and boa delivered faster than the quoted time using my usual supplier, please message me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I can do a quote for using an American supplier. However please be aware this will change the price significantly.